Monday, November 14, 2011

Canon Sd780is Review - Best Compact Camera

I did not realize until I received the Canon Sd780is just how small it was. It is actually a little smaller than a deck of cards. I wanted to get a small camera so I would not have to pack around my big camcorder or my DSLR. I like this little camera because I can just drop it in my shirt pocket and go everywhere with it. I am always taking pictures and video of my daughter with it.

I could not have asked for a more high quality compact digital camera. For the purpose of this review I would like to point out that this camera is a 12 MP and will shoot at 2592 x 1944 and can go up to 4000 x 3000 and also 4000 x 2248 for even wider shots. The quality of the photos are very close to my Panasonic FZ-28 which shoots at 720p high definition but of course is a much larger camera. I can take over 2600 photos before I empty it although I never do.

I also like the fact that I can zoom with this camera while recording video. I can watch the videos on my 52" Toshiba HDTV. The only thing is I have to be very slow with my movements while recording video or it will blur but other than that I get very crisp clear, and colorful videos. It also has a tripod mount and I use it sometimes to help keep a steady video shot. There is built in Digic IV Processor and iSaps technology that will automatically calculate the the light in the room and it will adjust automatically.

The 3x zoom is not a whole lot but I found it to be sufficient in all most of my shooting situation.

The viewfinder is small but it comes in handy in bright sunlight when you cant see the LCD screen and not to mention most of the current point and shoot digital cameras do not even come with a viewfinder but this one does.

I would suggest getting a 16GB and an extra battery because when you are shooting video it will eat your battery up pretty quick.

I also love the fact that this Canon sd780is has the ability to choose to shoot in auto mode or I can go into the program settings and change the ISO and the white balance. I change these sometimes when shooting in low light because I do not like the results of photo taken with a point and shoot camera with the flash on. So I will set the ISO to 400 and white balance to tungsten and the shots come out with very nice colors clear and crisp. I have taken shots with this camera on this setting in absolutely very little and low light and I get beautiful pictures with it.

I love that it is so small it fits in a pocket ready to pull out at a moments notice to capture the precious moments pics at the right time. I highly recommend this little Canon sd780is review camera to anyone no matter what your level of photography experience may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment